Sep 8, 2015

Theology Matters Guest Appearance: The 1930s Christian Philosophy Debates

Taking up the standing invitation to come back on the weekly Theology Matters with the Pellews internet radio show, I made a guest appearance last week.  This time the topics under discussion between myself, the host, and callers were several of the main issues and ideas of my 2011 book, Reason Fulfilled by Revelation:  The Christian Philosophy Debates in France (published by Catholic University of America Press).

The notion, the problem, and the historical examples of Christian philosophy -- and those 1930s debates in particular -- are topics that I've greatly enjoyed researching, writing on, and talking about over the last decade.  So, I was quite happy to come back on the show specifically to discuss them.

For those who would like to listen to the audio of the show, minus the first portion (which featured a different guest) and the advertisements, I've put it into a podcast mp3 form, which you can download or listen to.

I also suggested two resources, available online for free (which definitely beats the considerable $55-65 price for my hardcover book!) from which one can derive a solid overview of these interesting 1931-1936 Francophone debates about Christian philosophy.
Of course, if you want the fuller picture  about these fascinating debates, you would need to get your hands on my book -- and I'd suggest you either get it through your library or purchase it for yourself.  There's some other works available in English that would be good to read as well -- and I'll write a follow-up blog post specifically about those later this month or next month, so keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment