Nov 16, 2018

Five Podcast Episodes on Cicero's Stoic Paradoxes

Earlier this year, I started producing podcast episodes drawn from my shorter YouTube lectures, boosting their sound quality and editing them slightly.  Among the episodes I decided to start were a set on a short work by Marcus Tullius Cicero, The Stoic Paradoxes. 

What he means by "paradoxes" are assertions  that the Stoic philosophers made which seem counter-intuitive, or even fantastic, to most people, but whose startling formulations do make good sense within the context of the Stoic system.  It provides a great introduction to some of the key ideas of Stoic Ethics.

I have five lectures lined up for listeners on this text, amounting to a bit under an hour of discussion of these key ideas and arguments.  You can download them and listen to them anywhere.  You can listen directly from my Soundcloud channel - or get them on iTunes /Apple Podcasts or Google Play (I hope to adding more alternative formats in the coming months). 

For those who are looking for more podcast content on Stoicism, I have started working on additional episodes on Epictetus, and I'll be releasing more of them in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment