Mar 20, 2019

Nine Videos on Soren Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling



Since I'm now regularly teaching more academic classes (face to face and online) - in fact, I'm getting so many requests that I'm forced to turn some down - I've been focusing my core concept video production on developing resources for my students as they grapple with the texts and thinkers I assign.

One work that I brought back into my classes last Fall is Soren Kierkegaard's Fear And Trembling.  This can be quite a tough one for students, not just because of the intrinsic difficulty of the subject-matter, but also because of Kierkegaard's very style, and the unfamiliar structure of the work.

So, I created a a sequence of videos going through roughly the first half of the work.  I'm hoping that down the line, I'll be able to get to additional videos covering the rest of the book. My students found them quite helpful, and comments from viewers worldwide echo that sentiment, so if you're looking for resources for understanding Kierkegaard, they might be useful for you as well.

Here are those nine short videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment