May 17, 2019

Seven Videos on Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Notes From Underground


My summer 6-week Existentialist Philosophy and Literature class, designed and taught for Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, is now nearing the end of its first week.  We are spending about five of those weeks going through selections from 10 key authors in the existentialist movement.  One of the thinkers we are hitting early on - next week in fact - is Fyodor Dostoevsky.

I've assigned the students Part 1 of Notes From Underground, with a chapter from The Brothers Karamazov (The Grand Inquisitor) as a supplemental text.  I like to provide students with a lot of resources in all of my classes, and in online classes, this is particularly crucial.  So, I produced a series of core concept videos going through the key ideas set out in Notes from Underground.

Here are those seven videos:


If you find the philosophy resources I develop interesting, enjoyable, or useful, by all means share them with others. And if you'd like to support the work that I do, making philosophy publicly accessible, you can become a monthly supporter on my Patreon page, or if you prefer a one-time donation, you can Buy Me A Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment