May 30, 2019

Six Lecture Videos on Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet


My 6-week online course on Existentialist Philosophy and Literature, developed and taught for Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, is well underway.  They're in the middle of Week 3, and just finishing up with a module on Rainer Maria Rilke's works and thought.

I've assigned to them as a required text his Letters to a Young Poet, and as a supplementary text his novel The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.  I have also provided them quite a few resources to help them as they study these works.  These include core concept lecture videos, which I have recently shot on the first text (I have an older, longer lecture video on the Notebooks as well).

These may be useful for you, if you're going to dig into Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet.  So here they are - those six new videos:

If you find the philosophy resources I develop interesting, enjoyable, or useful, by all means share them with others.  And if you'd like to support the work that I do, making philosophy publicly accessible, you can become a monthly supporter on my Patreon page, or if you prefer a one-time donation, you can Buy Me A Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment