Nov 3, 2019

One Post Per Day: A Modest Commitment for National Novel Writing Month



I've never participated in National Novel Writing Month myself, but since I'm one of the hosts for Milwaukee's chapter of Shut Up And Write, I've heard plenty about it from people who have.  I'm not sure I've got a novel in me at all, let along one that I could successfully get out in draft form over the course of a month! 

That goes even more for this November, during which I'm teaching 7 classes at 4 different institutions, editing Stoicism Today, creating a host of new video content, and doing consulting, philosophical counseling, and tutorial work with more than a dozen clients.  But I did see a cool - and much more do-able - way of getting into the spirit of the month discussed by one of my Twitter connections.

Publishing at least one blog post per day in this, my main blog - that's certainly feasible, so long as I make sure to set a bit of time aside for it.  I'd intended to use this forum as a place to set down thoughts that could be further developed into longer-form essays elsewhere.  I also use it to curate and publicize some of the video and podcast work I do.  Since we've also got some cool events coming up this month - a video premiere, a chance to vote about the Worlds of Speculative Fiction series, and some Philosophy Pop-Ups, there's plenty to write about it.  It's just a matter of sticking to it and getting the posts written.

So, starting today, that's what I'm pledging to do - one post per day.  This is the first for November.  27 more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment