Nov 12, 2019

Seven Videos on Rene Descartes' Meditations 5 and 6


This Fall, I was able to fill in a gap in coverage of videos I originally created for students enrolled in the classes (Intro to Philosophy, Foundations in Philosophy) in which we focus on Rene Descartes' massively influential work, the Meditations on First Philosophy.

The previous semester, I managed to find the time to produce core concept videos covering the first three meditations, but wasn't able to get to the fourth, fifth, and sixth.  That was remedied a few weeks ago, as I finished up the set, now covering the entirety of the Meditations.  There are 22 videos total in that series.

Just earlier this week, I released the last of these videos to the general public.  I've since moved on to creating new content bearing upon other texts and thinkers we're studying in my classes this Fall - David Hume's Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, A.J. Ayer's Language, Truth, and Logic, and William James' Pragmatism, among others.

For those who would like to work their way through the last of Descartes' Meditations, here are those seven new videos:

Meditation 5

Meditation 6

If you're looking for more content on Rene Descartes's works, or just trying to find the full series of 22 videos on this work in particular, you should check out my Descartes playlist (with 42 videos, and about 18 hours of content)

No comments:

Post a Comment