Feb 11, 2015

Appointment to the Faculty of GCAS

I'm happy to announce that the Global Center for Advanced Studies (GCAS) has recently appointed me to their faculty.  I'm hoping to offer me first course with them starting in April, and then start developing additional courses to be offered later during the 2015 year.

GCAS is a new educational institution -- and a new kind of educational institution -- something that is sorely needed in our deeply damaged educational landscape.  They have brought together a faculty that includes internationally recognized scholars from a variety of fields, innovative theorists, educators willing to contribute their work towards projects advancing the common good.  In fact, one of the features I find most attractive about GCAS is their conception of education as integral to the common good.

Here's some links to further information about GCAS:
What I'll be doing with GCAS is designing and teaching online courses, in which I'll be doing the sort of work I've become known for through my YouTube videos -- taking difficult or complex philosophical thinkers and texts and making them accessible to a wide range of students.  Possibly down the line I might develop some classes focused specifically upon topics that I'm currently researching, for example one examining theories of anger.  But for the time being, there's plenty to do in building foundational courses, and that's a project and prospect I'm very much looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment