Apr 14, 2016

Online Aristotle Course Now Enrolling!

My various viewers, readers, and subscribers have been asking me for some time about online courses that I might develop and teach, and which they might take.  After having worked with both traditional institutions and innovative startup institutions, creating online courses for them, I've decided it's time to start offering them myself, through ReasonIO

I polled interested potential about some of the course offerings I'm particularly interested to develop, and topping the list is the one that will be first - starting May 1, and enrolling now - Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics.

If you'd like to enroll, or even to hear more about it - or to get on the list for future classes - you'll want to click here.

I'll be creating and releasing a video specifically about the class in the coming week or so, but until then, here's what I can tell you about it:   This is a text and author I've been reading, thinking about, teaching, and publishing research about for close to two decades.  Aristotle has exercised that sort of fascination for me, in significant part because I think he got matters of moral life basically right. I may not agree with him on all counts, but I find him an indispensable dialogue-partner, and I draw many insights from his works.

The class will run for six weeks, provide a number of resources to aid students in working through Aristotle's thought, and involves interaction with me and fellow students not only through online forums, but also via videoconferencing class sessions.  It is not a course for college credit, but is being offered solely for personal enrichment and lifelong learning.

If you've previously taken online classes with me, you already know how much work I put into building high-quality learning environments.  If you haven't here's what you can expect to find in this course - or any of the other courses I'll be offering (the next one will be on Nietzsche's Birth of Tragedy):
  • Course Lesson Pages
  • Course Videos (you'll get to see some of my new Aristotle material first)
  • Handouts and Worksheets on the Materials
  • Interactive Class Forums
  • Links to Online Resources
  • Weekly Online Course Sessions

I'm going to let participants in the class have a first look at one of the book projects I'm working on - a short work on Aristotle, the virtues, and the vices.  Students in the class also receive a special reduced rate on any tutorial sessions they book with me in the course of the class.

There are two tiers for tuition for the class:
  • Tier I Fee: $150 (includes access to all sessions and materials)
  • Tier II Fee: $300 (Tier I content + assignments & individual feedback)
Both of these are very affordable ways to study a classic work by Aristotle with a scholar and seasoned professor.  So, if you've ever wondered what this work was really about - or if you'd like to take your studies of it to the next level - enroll in Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics.  It's going to be an excellent course!

No comments:

Post a Comment