Jun 20, 2018

Eight Videos on Martin Heidegger's Being and Time

Earlier this month, I finished up a series of eight short core concept videos covering main ideas, distinctions, and developments in Martin Heidegger's early master-work, Being and Time.  That is a work I have long intended to get to - and people have been requesting me to tackle it for quite a while, not least since I have produced videos on other works by Heidegger (here's a playlist with 30+ videos)

Hopefully these will provide some helpful commentary for people struggling to make sense of that work.  For the time being (pun intended!), I have stuck with just the Introduction - the first 8 sections - of Being and Time.  But later on, I do have plans to create more of these core concept videos on other portions of that massive work. 

As a side-note, there has been some speculation about whether I will give Being and Time the same close reading treatment that I have been providing G.W.F. Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit.  It's a possibility, but first I have to finish off Hegel's work, before considering what "big book" I'll tackle next.

In any case, here are the eight new videos:


If you enjoy or benefit from my work making philosophy accessible to learners worldwide, I'd love for you to join the community of my Patreon supporters.  Each contribution helps me earn my living doing what I love, and there are some cool perks available for supporters as well. 

Feel free to share this post or the videos with others interested in philosophy generally or Martin Heidegger's thought in particular!

No comments:

Post a Comment