Dec 6, 2018

Get In On The Vote - Worlds of Speculative Fiction 2019

Last week, I created a video about our upcoming year of monthly talks in the Worlds of Speculative Fiction series.  We're going into year four, and in lining up the new authors I'm scheduled to discuss, I deliberately left three slots open so that I could get some input from my viewers, subscribers, supporters and other fans.  After listing the nine authors I'd already picked out (see below), I asked viewers to leave comments with their initial suggestions for authors to fill those three remaining slots.

Many people weighed in, and I picked the seven most suggested authors for a run-off vote, which is going on right now (and ends on Saturday).  If you'd like to get in on that vote, here's where you can cast your ballot.  It's between these authors:  Bram Stoker, Thomas Ligoti, Stephen Donaldson, Katherine Kurtz, Aldous Huxley, Robert Jordan, and R Scott. Bakker.

Each participant gets to vote for three of these authors, and the top three join the roster for 2019.  (My Patreon supporters get an extra vote as well.)  Voting will go on through Saturday, then I'll tally all the votes up, and officially announce who the three authors will be.

The nine other authors I've already picked out for 2019 are: Edgar Allen Poe, G.K. Chesterton, Mary Shelley, Lewis Carroll, Tanith Lee, Piers Anthony, Gordon Dickson, August Derleth, and Karl Edward Wagner.

I should mention two other things in passing.  The first is that, if you haven't seen the previous sessions in the talk series, I've placed them all in this playlist.  The second is that I've also created a free online course to house those videos and a host of other resources on those authors, their books, and the narrative worlds they created, which you can sign up for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment