Feb 2, 2019

Changing Focus and Format Here

I started this blog nearly a decade ago.  Originally, it was to be a place for me to set down my thoughts in a looser and more unfinished format than my academic writing.  Then it became one of several different blogs.  As of late, I've published the occasional long blog piece - when I find the time to write it! - in between updates about series of videos and podcast episodes.

Today, as I was thinking about other virtual locations where I either already write or intend to start writing, I realized that I could be using this blog in a rather different way  Musing about how I might  address some themes and problems coming up over and over in my student papers on the Meno - as I was grading them just earlier - brought me to a resolution about Orexis Dianoētikē.

Going forward, I am going to use this space for short pieces on topics I'm particularly interested in raising, though perhaps not resolving.  A sort of virtual notepad, if you like.  I'll also be using it for sketching out projects, announcing events, posting video or podcast episode series, calling attention to guest appearances and talks, and summarizing and linking to my longer-form writings in other virtual locations.

You can expect to see much more frequent posting here, but (most of the time) rather shorter entries.  Maybe if I get ambitious enough, I'll tinker with the appearance and layout of the blog as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment