Nov 20, 2019

Eight Podcast Episodes on Aristotle's Metaphysics book 1



As my heavy-load semester begins to grind to an end, and I see some of the proverbial light glimmer at the end of the tunnel, I've been able to set aside some time to resume converting my core concept videos into Sadler's Lectures podcast episodes. Right now I'm working on a set of lectures on Rainer Maria Rilke's work, Letters to a Young Poet (I released the first of those today). 

One of the other texts that I teach very frequently is Aristotle's Metaphysics, and I generally stick with book 1 of that work, in which Aristotle engages in a number of important things.  He discusses the nature and objects of modes of human cognition, leading to the disciplines, and to philosophy.  He also introduces his famous distinction of the "four causes" (material, formal, efficient, and final).  Then he provides us with a a critical and developmental overview of metaphysical accounts up to his own time, including that of his own teacher, Plato.

If you missed any of these podcast episodes when they first came out, you can find them all here.  They take you through the entirety of Metaphysics book 1, providing you with my overviews and explanations of what Aristotle is up to at each point.  All told, they're about 2 hours of lecture that you can listen to anywhere. Here they are:
If you'd like to support my ongoing work taking the 600+ core concept videos I've produced over the years, and turning them into these downloadable podcast episodes, available to learners worldwide for free, consider becoming a monthly supporter on Patreon, or just make a one-time donation to Buy Me A Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment