May 3, 2020

Sixteen Podcast Episodes on Epictetus' Discourses


When I first started my podcast, Sadler's Lectures, one of the authors I created episodes on very early on was the great Stoic philosopher, Epictetus.  His Discourses are a must-read for anyone who wants to understand and apply Stoic philosophy.

Earlier this year, I took a poll of my readers, viewers, and listeners about who I ought to focus on next in the podcast, and Epictetus was one of the favored authors.  So I added a number of new episodes to that playlist.  There's more to come down the line, but for now there are sixteen lectures available, each focused on one main idea found in Epictetus' works.

The entire set so far come out to about 3 hours and 45 minutes of playing time.  You can listen to them anywhere you'd like, and learn about key concepts and practices of Stoicism.  Here are those sixteen episodes:

I hope that you enjoy them and find them useful!  

If you'd like to make a contribution to helping me continue my work making classic philosophical texts, thinkers, and topics accessible for people worldwide, consider becoming a monthly supporter on Patreon.  If you'd like to make a one-time donation, you can do so directly on Paypal, or on Buy Me A Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment