Jul 17, 2020

Three Podcast Episodes on Lawrence Kohlberg and Moral Development


One of the thinkers whose work I teach in my Ethics classes is the psychologist Lawrence Kohlberg.  I tend to assign his essay "Moral Development: A Review of the Theory," which provides a good overview of his six stages of moral development, and also discusses its applications to and implications for K-12 education.  Some time back, I shot a sequence of three core concept videos covering the main ideas of the piece.

Recently, in order to provide the same lecture material to my students in another format, I edited the sound files from those videos into Sadler's Lectures podcast episodes.  I boost the sound quality where possible, and take out all of the"ums", "ahs", and other such filler, so that listeners get an improved lecture.

If you'd like to listen to or download these episodes, you can do so in a variety of places - Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Player FM, as well as other sites - but the best place to do so is on my Soundcloud.  Here's those three episodes:
All told, they come to a bit more than 40 minutes total playing time, so you can learn the basics about Kohlberg's moral development theory in the space of a commute, a walk, or a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment