Aug 1, 2020

Sadler's Lecture Podcast Hits 200 Episodes!


A bit over two years ago, I created the Sadler's Lectures podcast.  Viewers had been asking me for years to convert some of my YouTube videos into downloadable podcasts that they could listen to anywhere.  I'd balked at it for a while, hesitating to add yet another activity to my chronically-full schedule, but then  decided that once I hit a certain level of monthly support on Patreon, I'd commit to starting a podcast.

Sadler's Lectures is exactly what it sounds like.  I'm not hosting a new podcast - not at this point - in which I'd do something different from my video lectures.  In fact, what I've done (with a very few exceptions) is take my already existing core concept videos and turn those into podcast episodes.  I generally boost and tinker with the sound quality, and then edit out all the filler words - "ums", "ahs", "y'knows" - and the pauses, tack on standard intros and outros, and then they're ready to release.

The podcast is officially sited on Soundcloud, but you can also get it on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Player FM, Himalaya, iHeartRadio, and quite likely some other places out there that have flown under my radar.  Sadler's Lectures episodes are also incorporated into TrueSciPhi Radio as well.

With the release of the last in the series (for now) on Albert Camus' work, The Myth of Sisyphus, Sadler's Lectures hit a new benchmark.  I've produced and released 200 episodes! (Actually 208, since I early-released a sequence on Epicurus to my Patreon supporters - I'll be releasing those episodes over this weekend and the coming week).

Since I keep producing core concept videos - I'm probably well past the 700 video mark - I'm not going to run out of content to edit into podcast episodes anytime soon.  I've been putting out abut 5 per week on average, so you can expect to see about 250 additional episodes a year if I keep it up!

At present, the podcast includes lectures on Parmenides, Plato, Aristotle, Cicero, Epictetus, Anselm of Canterbury, Rene Descartes, Blaise Pascal, Immanuel Kant, Soren Kierkegaard, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Friedrich Nietzsche, William James, Martin Heidegger, Gabriel Marcel, Rainer Maria Rilke, Hannah Arendt, Jean-Paul Sartre, Ursula K. Leguin, James Rachels, Lawrence Kohlberg, Mary Midgley, and John Rawls.  I'll be adding quite a few new authors as time goes on!

If you'd like to make a contribution to helping me continue my work making classic philosophical texts, thinkers, and topics accessible for people worldwide, consider becoming a monthly supporter on Patreon. If you'd like to make a one-time donation, you can do so directly on Paypal, or on Buy Me A Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment