Feb 28, 2019

Four Videos on James Rachels' "Challenge of Cultural Relativism"

One of the most often-anthologized essays in moral philosophy is James Rachels' "The Challenge of Cultural Relativism," which is chapter 2 in his book,  Elements of Moral Philosophy.  I assign and teach it fairly routinely in my own Ethics classes, and for this semester's Ethics for Artists and Designers class, I decided to create some core concept videos for my students.

I provided them to my class and to my Patreon supporters last month, and now I have released them to the general public.  Hopefully they will prove useful for viewers who want to work their way through the issues surrounding cultural relativism, and particularly through Rachels' essay.

Here are those four videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment